How-to Wedding Guide

Getting married in Tahoe South can be quick and easy, especially when it comes to your California or Nevada Marriage License. You can get the license yourself or through a local minister or wedding chapel. They can help you with the license and in some cases issue one on site!

The California Marriage License does not require a blood test or a waiting period. You both must be at least 18 years of age and the license is available at any California county courthouse. If you’re already in South Lake Tahoe, California you can go to the El Dorado County Clerk’s Office. You can contact then on (530) 573-3409. Note that their hours vary. 

California Recorder-Clerk
3368 Lake Tahoe Blvd. #108, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 
Phone: (530) 573-3409, Fax: (530) 544-6463 

The Nevada Marriage License does not require blood tests or waiting period. You both must be 18 years of age and older and the licenses are available at the Douglas County/Lake Tahoe Administration building. You can contact then on (775) 586-7290. Note that their hours vary. Couples aged 16 to 18 years old must have their parents or legal guardians present or bring notarized written permission.

County Administration Building – South Lake Tahoe
175 Highway 50 – 2nd Floor, South Lake Tahoe, NV 89449
(775) 586-7270