The expanse of clear, blue water. The wide-open skies. And getting to shop for beach wedding dresses to perfectly compliment a rugged-yet-elegant lakefront event. That pretty much sums up why we all love Lake Tahoe beach weddings. Read on to learn more about some of the best beach wedding venues at the lake, and check out a few gorgeous beach wedding dresses we thought would work just right. (more…)
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category:
Are you planning a rustic Lake Tahoe wedding? If so, prepare to have a ton of fun choosing your wedding cake toppers. With so many design options, the field is wide open for creativity. Whether you’re going with a timeless rustic motif, a kitsch vintage ski lodge look, or something in-between, your cake can carry the theme to the extreme.
For example, we’ve seen wedding cakes embrace the rustic setting with themed elements like pine trees, cut wood, “rusty” motifs, and even scattered stones. Sound crazy? Well, keep reading, and check out six of our favorite local designs to see how cool “crazy” can be.
Whether you plan your Lake Tahoe outdoor wedding for winter, spring, summer, or fall, one thing is certain: The shoes will take some extra thought. After all, no one wants to see you (or any of your bridesmaids) suffer an outdoor stiletto disaster. (more…)
The thing that makes Sierra Nevada mountain weddings so amazing is their style and theme versatility—especially in South Lake Tahoe. The scenery just lends itself to any design, from eclectic and rustic to utterly elegant. But, three things make mountain weddings at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe extra amazing. (more…)
The big exit from a wedding reception is a tradition that has somewhat fallen by the wayside, and it’s time to bring it back. You shouldn’t be stuck packing up excess booze and bidding farewell to distant relatives after your big day. You should go out in style! Here are five fun ways to make your exit from your wedding reception.
The dance-off. When you and your spouse are ready to pack it in, have the DJ announce that you’re on your way and you’re inviting everyone onto the dance floor. Have the DJ crank Shout! by the Isley Brothers or another upbeat tune and dance your way out the door. Bonus if you can incorporate a conga line that leads you to the exit.
- Send up good wishes. This one might work better for more intimate affairs. At some point in the ceremony, both you and your partner write out a wish for your marriage. Put the wishes into a balloon, blow it up with helium, and at the end of the night head outside and send those wishes skyward with your family and friends all around you.
- Bring back the horse and carriage. This is a bit old-school, but there’s nothing quite as romantic as a horse and carriage ride. Book a horse and carriage to be waiting for you, hang a classic ‘Just Married’ sign on the back of it, and wave goodbye while a hundred surprised guests put your farewell pics on Instagram.
- Let your friends and family light the way. If you are making your exit at night, arm your guests with either sparklers or glow-sticks and have them form a lighted tunnel for you to walk through to your mode of transportation.
- The goodbye group shot. Have a table prepared with pieces of poster board and black Sharpies.
Give your guests 10-15 minutes’ notice before you leave and let everyone write out their goodbye or good luck messages to you, then gather for one last huge group photo with everyone holding their signs. All of your guests will feel like they had a chance to say goodbye, and you’ll have a great keepsake photo.
Whether you’re making your exit from the Beach Retreat and Lodge at Tahoe, the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, Edgewood Tahoe, the Ridge Tahoe, Zephyr Cove Resort, the Landing Resort and Spa or the Hard Rock Tahoe, you’ve chosen to do your wedding in style and you don’t want to neglect a single detail, including your exit.
- Beach Retreat & Lodge
- Beach Weddings
- Ceremony sites
- Destination Weddings
- Edgewood Tahoe
- Fall Weddings
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Lake Tahoe Cruises/Zephyr Cove Resort
- Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel at Heavenly
- LTVA (Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority)
- Outdoor Weddings
- Spring Weddings
- Summer Weddings
- The Beach Retreat & Lodge
- The Landing Lake Tahoe Resort & Spa
- The Ridge Tahoe
- Wedding Planning
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Venues
- Winter Weddings